Protective Packaging For Medical Equipment
Customer experiencing broken casters on their high technology mobile medical equipment.
- Complaints from hospitals
- Damage required return of the medical equipment for repair
- Costs incurred for company service personnel to swap out the damaged machine with a replacement
- Significant freight costs to ship broken equipment to companies repair facility
- Labor costs to repair units
- Need for a supplier that could not only redesign the package to eliminate the damage, but could also provide a packaging supply chain warehousing and distribution program to support future growth
Pioneer Packaging Solution:
The Pioneer Packaging team analyzed the situation.
- Redesigned and engineered both the top and bottom protective foam pieces so the casters are now suspended to eliminate damage
- Implemented a warehousing and distribution program to meet their manufacturing supply chain and future growth needs
- Packaging material lead time now reduced to 1 to 2 days
- Pioneer Packaging is now the supplier of choice for all new projects that require protective packaging
Package damage eliminated.
- No caster break issues since package redesign
- Complaints from hospitals are no longer an issue
- Additional freight costs to repair damages eliminated
- Labor costs to repair damaged units eliminated
- Happy hospital customers
- Warehousing and distribution program executed to significantly reduce lead times and support future growth